Friday, April 12, 2019


I've not written here for over 10 years. 

I'm not even sure if blogging still exists.

I'm older now, and I struggle to remember the young fella that penned these posts before me as I read of things from 2006 to 2008.

A lot has happened.

A marriage ended, 

A stint in rehab,

A new found faith,

And someone who literally saved me life.

Two beautiful teenage kids who embody the best I am on my good days.

A dad who now hopefully sits with the saviour he believed in and a mum who will visit here for the first time since he passed this weekend. I never thought she would, neither did she.

I still know a few of you who were kind enough to follow me back then, people from around the world that became friends in blogger land.

I've recently been given another chance, the prodigal come home from eating with the pigs, and given what it feels like, a swan song. 

As a friend reminds me - my song is love unknown - I do though know that mine is written now in minor keys, I'm happy with that. I sit more comfortable with the minors; the majors didn't make my eyes water like the minors do.

I've made mistakes and hurt good people along the way, I also carry the scars from those who have hurt me. 

My last post way back in 2008 was to remember a friend who filled my life with big moments. I'll close this with the same words;

'May there be some beautiful surprise
Waiting for you inside death
Something you never knew or felt,
Which with one simple touch
Absolves you of all loneliness and loss,
As you quicken within the embrace
For which your soul was eternally made.

'May your heart be speechless
At the sight of the truth
Of all your belief had hoped,
Your heart breathless
In the light and lightness
Where each and every thing
Is at last its true self
Within that serene belonging
That dwells beside us
On the other side
Of what we see.'


The wonderful Father O

I'll drop by here from time to time, hopefully reconnect with some old friends

No comments: