Friday, February 03, 2006

If you build it...

Moments of beauty, of redemption and love that are far beyond what we can imagine let alone live out have chased me tonight - in truth it felt like i was a fox with a blood thirsty pack of bloody hounds on my tail. - ok I know, I'm prone to a little exaggeration!

Anyhow, after my daughter screamed for 2 hours and then finally fell asleep in my arms I needed some help for my soul. The film 'Field of Dreams' always takes me to the edge of myself - provokes me to search the most vulnearble, ignored parts of who i am...and tonight it was a tonic worthy of the finest Bombay Sapphire.

I guess we are all fucked up in some way or another and are all just trying to figure out a way home to a place of belonging, restoration and peace. It's nearly 20 years since I first watched and was profoundly moved by this work of art and it has lost none of its power to move and centre me...it's a glimpse into possibility and the miracle of second chance. In short, a piece of cinema we all should see in our lifetime

My friend the Dr says this; 'Field of dreams reminds us how it's possible to make a mess of things, and then find yourself doing something for someone else.' - maybe that's the only way to find healing....

1 comment:

The Meaning Weakened by the Lies said...

I am going to totally agree with this one ;o) No discrepancies. My heart feels sad and moved and awed.